Makes 4 mini pies or one large pie
For the base
- 150g hobnobs
- 35g dairy free butter, melted
- For the caramel
- 45g dairy free butter
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla essence
- 120g caramel Sead sesame butter
For the topping
- 1 tin of coconut milk, refrigerated overnight
- 1 tbsp icing sugar
- 3 bananas
- Grated dark chocolate to decorate on top
4 mini tarts or one large tart tin with a removable base
- For the base, blitz the hobnobs in a food processor until they resemble fine crumbs. If you don’t have a food processor, put the hobnobs into a strong Ziploc bag and crush with a rolling pin. Pour in the melted butter and process again until combined. Spoon the biscuit mixture into the base of the tart tin, pressing down firmly so that it holds its shape. Put into the fridge to chill.
- To make the caramel, add the butter to a small saucepan and melt on a low heat. Add the maple syrup, vanilla essence and caramel Sead sesame butter to the saucepan, mixing for a few seconds before turning the heat off. Spoon the caramel over the chilled biscuit base, then return to the fridge to set whilst you make the cream.
- To make the cream, take the coconut milk out of the fridge and scoop out the white creamy bits, leaving behind any coconut water that has separated. Whisk thoroughly until smooth, then add in the icing sugar and whisk again.
- Slice the bananas and carefully arrange onto the caramel – don’t push it down too much if the caramel hasn’t set yet. Spoon or pipe the coconut cream on top, depending on how you like to style it. Add some grated dark chocolate on top to decorate with a final flourish. Chill for 2 hours before taking out of the tins and serving.
Caramel Sesame Butter JarSee more