- 300g plain flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp icing sugar
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- 150g sunflower spread
- 1 large pear
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Chocolate sesame butter
- Pinch of salt
- 3 tbsp cing sugar
- To make the pastry put all the ingredients into a bowl and rub together with your fingertips until the mix is the consistency of breadcrumbs.
- Pour in 2 tbsp of cold water and stir together with a wooden spoon until it comes together in a dough.
- Bring into a ball with your hands, flatten into a disc, wrap in greaseproof paper and pop in the freezer for 10 mins.
- Whilst the pastry is chilling put the oven on at 200C and line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- Finely slice your pears into small pieces.
- Lightly dust a work surface with flour and roll out the pastry to 2-3mm thick. Using a 12cm cutter (or a small bowl), cut out 10 circles; you'll probably need to re-roll the pastry to get the final few circles out.
- Take one pastry circle and spoon a tsp of chocolate sesame butter and spread around, leaving a small border around the edge. Place 2-3 pieces of pear on the right side of the circle and sprinkle with cinnamon and salt.
- Fold over the left hand side to create an enclosed half moon-shaped pie. Use a fork to crimp around the edges to seal and make a rough pattern. Repeat with the remaining pastry and filling.
- Transfer the pies to the lined trays, slash the top of each pie and bake in the centre of the oven for 20-25 mins.
- Whilst the pies are baking make the icing sugar by mixing 3 tbsp of icing sugar with a touch of water so it is just drizzle consistency.
- When the pies are out and have cooled for 10 mins drizzle with the icing and add the sprinkles. Eat warm or at room temperature!