- 200g oats
- 200g ground almonds
- 4 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 4 tbsp Original sesame butter
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tin pumpkin puree
- 6 pitted medjool dates
- 80g soft dark brown sugar
- 1.5 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp buckwheat flour (you can sub plain flour here)
- 5 tbsp Original sesame butter
- 5 tbsp maple syrup
- Pinch of salt
- 200g favourite dark chocolate (we used 70% cacao solids)
- 1.5 tbsp sesame seeds (optional, chopped nuts would work here too!)
- Set your oven at 180C and line a 20x20cm baking tin with baking paper.
- First make the base by blend your oats in a food processor until finely ground, then adding the rest of the ingredients and blending until a ball of dough is formed. Add a touch more sesame butter if the mixture doesn't quite come together.
- Press the dough into the bottom of the lined baking tin and place in the oven for 10 mins until golden brown.
- Make the pumpkin caramel whilst the base is baking. Place all the ingredients into the food processor and blend until completely combined and smooth.
- When the base is baked, cover evenly with the pumpkin caramel mixture and place back into the oven for 15-20 minutes.If the top of the caramel layer feels firmer when you press you know it's ready to come out.
- Let the base and caramel layers cool to room temperature.
- Melt your dark chocolate, pour and spread evenly over the caramel layer then sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Place in the fridge to set the chocolate for half an hour.
- Slice up and devour!
Original Sesame Butter JarSee more