Makes 16 brownies
- 150g dark chocolate
- 170g self-raising flour
- 20g cocoa powder
- 190g caster sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- 55ml vegetable oil
- 100g original sesame butter
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 200ml dairy-free milk
- 80g dark chocolate, chopped (optional)
- 80g pecan nuts, chopped (optional)
20cm x 20cm square baking tray, oiled and lined with baking paper
- Preheat a fan assisted oven to 170° (190° for a conventional oven) and break up the 150g dark chocolate into a heatproof bowl. Put the bowl of chocolate over a small pan of simmering water, being careful that the water level doesn’t touch the bottom of the bowl. Stir the chocolate occasionally until melted, then set aside to cool slightly.
- Sieve the flour, salt and cocoa into a large bowl, then mix the sugar in. Stir in the oil, sesame butter, vanilla extract, milk and melted chocolate. Mix well so everything is combined and looks silky and glossy. Finally, if you are adding the extra 80g chopped chocolate and/or nuts, fold these in now until evenly distributed.
- Pour the brownie mix into the prepared tin, and smooth out the top so it is nice and even. Put into the centre of the preheated oven and bake for 20-25 minutes. Ovens vary a lot and so do preferences on how people like their brownie texture, but if you want them to be fudgy in the middle then a skewer inserted into the middle of the tray should come out with a slightly wet crumb – remember that they will continue to firm up slightly as they are cooling. Leave them to cool completely before carefully cutting into pieces.
Original Sesame Butter JarSee more